Bibliography Pine Island Info
Recommended reading for additional information and stories of the early years of Pine Island and the surrounding islands. Many of these are available in our Museum of the Islands gift shop.
- Pine Island, the Forgotten Island, by Elaine Blohm Jordan
- Tales of Pine Island, by Elaine Blohm Jordan
- St. James City, Florida : the Early Years, by Priscilla Brooks and Caroline Crabtree
- Remembering Lee County, Florida : Where Winter Spends the Summer, by Prudy Taylor Board
- Florida’s Vanishing Era : From The Journals of a Young Girl and Her Father, 1887 to 1910
- Boat Goat : Memories of Pine Island Sound Florida, by J. Kirk Walter
- Fisherfolk of Charlotte Harbor, Florida, by Robert F. Edic
- Pine Island, by Stevens, Mary Kaye
- A Yank Pioneer in Florida : Recounting the Adventures of a City Chap Who Came to the Wilds of South Florida in the 1890′s and Remained to Grow Up with the Country, by Andrews, Allen H.
- Unknown Florida, by Florence Fritz
- Camp Life in Florida; A Handbook For Sportsmen and Settlers, by Charles Hallock
- County Towns of Florida, by Anne M. Johnson